Article: I Used Up My Candle - Is it OK to Upcyle the Jar?
I Used Up My Candle - Is it OK to Upcyle the Jar?
Because we are committed to producing the highest quality scented candles, we use glass jars developed explicitly for use in candle applications. The glass has a different chemical composition than household glassware and may include paints and other colorants.
Because of this, our glass jars should not be used in food or beverage applications - you should not drink, eat, or store food in them.
That said, once empty, our jars are versatile and can be upcycled into many useful items around the home or office. Here are some creative ideas:
- Storage Containers: They can store small items such as office supplies, jewelry, or sewing kits. The clear glass makes it easy to see the contents and can be easily labeled for organization.
- Planters: Small plants or succulents can be planted in them. The transparency of the glass makes for a modern and chic look, especially if you add decorative stones or pebbles.
- DIY Décor: You can fill them with string lights, pebbles, or sand to create decorative pieces for shelves or tables.
- Bathroom Organizers: They are great for holding cotton balls, q-tips, or makeup brushes, keeping your vanity neat and stylish.
- Candle Making: Naturally, they can be reused for homemade candle making, giving a sustainable cycle to your candle enjoyment.
Remember to clean them thoroughly and remove any residual wax before repurposing them!
Do you have other ideas? Have you done something really cool with a Tuscany® empty? Tell us about it in the comments or on our social media!